Tuesday 11 June 2013

Sunny creative days

I LOVE summer. Lately I've spent the majority of my spare time outside, mostly in my own garden now I have my little 'Pocket of Paradise' at the end of it...

This was Sunday pretty much...

Sat amongst my blooming pots and hanging buckets...


Rippling away...

Reading magazines and, at the end of the day, drinking a nice chilled glass of wine.

I'm being very creative lately, I feel the need to do homely things too and 'make pretty things'. Of course, as usual, I have lots of things on the go but nothing finished to actually show you. 

I have done lots of Ripples and Stripes...

This was taken before the weekend so its actually quite a few ripples bigger now.

I'm beginning to adore this one too.
I've also found a use for one of the places in Vivod that has bugged me for 2 years because it seemed like such a waste of space. It's the landing, beneath the attic stairs. Since we moved in its only ever been a dumping ground and it's driven me mad! Then I realised that if I cleaned up the old dressing table that was left in the house, and reorganised it all it would make a lovely little work area (or blogging area as it's being used for right now) so I made the effort and look...



I have a few more plans to make it nicer but its functional as it is now which is making me happy. (It's also handy for sitting at while I make sure that Child #3 stays in bed when he is suppose to be - its practically right outside his bedroom door!)

See that chair? I have plans for it. It was £10 from the second hand furniture shop just at the bottom of my road. The best thing was that when I went there to get it I also found this...


I have been looking for a rocking chair for AGES, and it was nearly my birthday, and I did haggle the price down a bit too - so quite justified really. Obviously, though, it needed a little bit of attention, and currently looks more like this...



Its far from finished but you will see the final product shortly (when it stops being so sunny and I actually want to stay in and paint).

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine as much as me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...