Monday 5 August 2013

The Stairs

Feeling a bit proud of myself at the moment. Despite thinking that I should do some work on Vivod while I had some time off I didn't actually think I would be motivated enough to, especially with still keeping the day job going too.

However, cast your minds back to this post though. They stayed like that for a while to be honest, and then one day, quite out of the blue, I decided to finish them.

So I finished sanding them last week, over the course of a couple of days...





Then, making the most of a kid free weekend, I varnished them 4 times. Twice on Friday evening and twice on Saturday morning...





I spent most of Saturday afternoon and evening sanding the risers and undercoating them (twice). Then sanding and filling the sides ready for undercoating...





Finally, on Sunday I under coated the sides twice and gave the risers a third coat too. 


I am sooooo pleased with them. They are lovely to walk up and down and they look a thousand times better than they did. It was a truly messy and tedious job but so worth it in my opinion. I still have to gloss them (I'm waiting for a couple of weeks when the kids spend a fortnight with their dad and the house is quiet), and a final coat of varnish will go on too. 

I'm now working on the bannister and spindles (varnished bannister and painted spindles to match), but that's no where near as messy thankfully. I should be doing that right now really, but here I am sat blogging! Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...