Sunday 24 March 2013

Snowballs!

Well at last its finally stopped snowing. I think it snowed non stop from 2am on Friday morning until yesterday evening sometime. It it now beginning to melt but there is that much of it now that this will take some time!

I've been using the time at home in some very productive ways. Lots of de-cluttering (I had to stop once I had filled the car boot with stuff to take to the skips as I couldn't actually go to the skips to empty it.) I'm now on a a bit of a de-cluttering roll though so I think I will do a bit more over the Easter holidays. 

I also started this ripple blanket last weekend when I was ill (and needed something to force me to rest in order to recover)...



Its not my usual colour palette but this is because, as I was too ill to go and buy wool last weekend (that's how ill I was!!) I had a good look in the stash cupboard(s) and found lots of wool that I bought when I first learnt to knit about 6 years ago. I've never really known what to do with it since then but now its finally getting used. I feel quite proud of myself for using it up too! I did a few more rows yesterday afternoon, sat on the bay window seat while watching my 2 youngest children outside...

(forgive the quality, I took them from the warm and dry side of the window, there was no way that I was going to risk going outside to take these photographs with all this going on!)























After 2 whole days, venturing out only for 15 minutes to buy milk and bread, even I couldn't bear it any longer (partly because the nest were clearly bored) so I decided to try and dig the car out and go a bit further. Well I say 'I'...what I meant was that I did what any responsible mother would do. I sent my 7 year old out with a plastic spade and directed him from inside the house as to which snow to shovel and where to put it...




He did an ace job (I did feel guilty enough to go and assist him in the end!) and we made it to Broughton Shopping Park and back again. That will do me until the rest of the snow is gone!

So back to the ripple blanket then for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...