Sunday 4 August 2013

The Stash Ripple Blanket

With no less than 4 blankets on the go (1 knitted and 3 crocheted), I am pleased to say that I actually finished one of them a couple of weeks ago.  Remember this one that I began back in March? Well this is it now...







It took me ages to decide on the border but (well that are 150 in this book!)...



I wanted something quite simple, and neat but which allowed me to use 3 or 4 of the colours from the blanket too. I settled for this one in the end, I started with a round of double, in light blue.


Then a round of treble in baby pink.


Then I had to make a round of double treble in hot pink, I was a little concerned that it wasn't looking great at this point...


But then I read the next step where you use double crochet to fold the double trebles on half, created this rather nice 3D effect...


Finally ending with a round of trebles in lime green.


I do quite like the border a lot, even though the majority of this was done when I was ill! ILL! With a horrid cold type virus that had me chained to the sofa for 48 hours feeling rubbish and living on painkillers. At least it made me finish the blanket though! 


The thing I love most about this blanket is that it used wool that I bought when I first learnt to knit, that has since sat in the stash cupboard for years and was destined to stay there for probably decades. The brighter colours are those that were left over from the first ripple blanket. I did have to go and buy one ball of light blue as I ran out but that cost me about £1.80.  I wasn't sure if I was even going to like the blanket that much so it could well have ended up as a Christmas gift but there's no chance of that now, its ace, and warm, and is now draped over the back of the big sofa to be used as needed. 

I better get back to the other 3 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...